Over the winter holidays, I’ve been making some updates to a website where I list upcoming political and non-profit events in the Seattle metro area. The site is CivicCal (for Civic Calendar.) In addition to a listing of events, it also includes a list of organizations and a list of venues. I’ve been thinking about directions to take the site and I would very much welcome your input. A few ideas:
- Personalization – Make it easier to set the organizations you’re interested in and to subscribe to their events
- Social Network integration – Make it easier to share events with your friends on Facebook, followers on Twitter, etc.
- Mobile integration – Develop a more mobile-friendly site or apps for the top mobile platforms
- Organizations – The site is heavily focused on civic-oriented organizations and events; it could expand to include a broader set of non-profit groups
- Geography – Should the site expand to another metro area?
- Other – Do you have another suggestion?